Journals from my first International experience in Mexico.

Monday, January 02, 2006

My first day in Mexico


Stacie, Justin and Me at the airport Posted by Picasa


Our first eating experience Posted by Picasa


Around the table Posted by Picasa


At the end of the table Posted by Picasa

My first Day in Mexico
Today was a very interesting day. Things are so different down here in Mexico. The weather is nice. The freeways are crazy! There really aren't onramps on the freeway, so when people stop to pick someone up, they just merge off of the freeway and then back on. They don't use signals but their car horn instead.

The plain ride was a little scary because there was some turbulance, it wasn't increadibly bad, but it was more than I was used to and it kept me awake for a while. It has been interesting with the language barrior here, it's true what they say... I've been using so much more spanish that I ever have before. I have to be able to communicate my needs and wants to a person who doesn't speak a word of English. I've been remembering words that i've long forgotten.

One of the more confusing things is the currency exchange rate. I have pesos now, but whever I pay for anything I feel like I'm spending way more than I shoud be because for every 1$ is 10 pesos, so when I'm buying things for $170 it's really $17.00. It's taken some getting used to but I think we're getting the hang of it.

Well I'm going to go to bed soon, I'm super tired. I love and miss all of you friends and family, especially Dave, I love you!

Love, Denise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home